Cancellations and Contract Questions
COVID-19 Cancellation and Contract Questions
COVID-19 is likely be an issue for years to come. Having policies in your contract addressing how issues will be handled when they come up is important.
Here are a few items to think about and discuss with your client prior to your work agreement:
- Are you required to wear a mask?
- If you wear a mask are you required to wear it for the entire shift or only when working with the baby one-on-one?
- If you are required to wear a mask can you wear a homemade mask or does it need to be a professional mask?
- If you are required to wear a particular type of mask is the client going to provide the mask they require?
- Is there a mandatory 14 day isolation period before the contract starts? If there is a mandatory period is it paid or voluntary?
- Are you required to self-isolate for the entire contract?
- Will the client require a COVID-19 test before the position starts?
- Will the client pay for a COVID-19 test before the position starts?
- What will happen if you are exposed to COVID-19 outside of the home during a contract?
- Will your client require you to live-in during the duration of the agreement?
- If you have a roommate do they also have to self-isolate?
- What precautions are you taking if you live in an apartment or condo complex?
- Are you utilizing public transportation to access your clients home?
- Will you be doing daily temperature checks?
- Will you wear gloves while on shift?
- How long will you have to self-quarantine if you are exposed to COVID-19?
- Will the contract be terminated if you test positive for COVID-19?
- If you test positive for COVID-19 and the client wants to cancel the contract are there any financial penalties?
- If a client or someone in the clients home tests positive for COVID-19 will the contract be paused or cancelled? If the contract is paused or cancelled will you still be compensated for that time?
- If the state goes on lock down will you still provide services or will the contract be paused or cancelled?
- If the contract is paused, how long can it be paused for?
- Will there be any financial compensation if a client wants to outright cancel services do to a resurgence of COVID-19 in your community?
All of these are hypothetical questions, but all questions you need to discuss with your client and ensure are included in your contract.